-
-
-
-

Montag, 8. August 2011

why do I love Christiane F so much (& it's not only about her Bowie satin jacket)











This movie is pretty hard to see for a 14 year old girl, and that was me. When I finished the movie I didn't know if I should start being a cool 14 year old heroin addicted or maybe stay away from cigarettes and friends for the rest of my life. The thing is that every scene cautivated me so mad that I've been thinkin' of it for the next years. It was like, perfection: musically (an androgynous and enchanting David Bowie in his thirties singing 'Station to station' & 'Helden' ); aesthetically captured beautifully the 'Berliner atmosphere' from the 80's (clothes, locations..) & technically (close up, shots from the underground stations)... EVERYTHING. A couple of years later I investigated Christiane F personal life (I recommend you the book where the real Christiane tells her story) and I came to the conclusion that the real and the fictional Christiane were both exactly the same and that I couldn't have understood in depth the real one if I wouldn't have met the fictional character first.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen